The District of Sechelt is inviting artists to apply for the opportunity to display their work in the Rockwood Lodge Community Arts Space during the 2018 Sunshine Coast Art Crawl (October 19 – 21, 2018). The space can accommodate 2 to 4 artists, depending upon the medium and number of artworks.
The newly renovated Rockwood Lodge Community Arts Space is a 750 sq. ft. room located on the lower level of the Rockwood Lodge heritage building at 5511 Shorncliffe Ave. in Sechelt. The room is wheelchair accessible and includes a kitchen and accessible bathroom. All walls have art rails for hanging 2D artwork. Tables and chairs are available upon request.
- Reside on the Sunshine Coast
- Be new to the Art Crawl or in need of a publicly-accessible studio space for the Art Crawl
- Be in attendance at the Rockwood Lodge Community Arts Space for the duration of the Art Crawl (10am – 5pm Friday, Saturday & Sunday).
- Pay a $300 damage deposit and obtain $2 million liability coverage for the duration of the Art Crawl
- Cover all costs associated with any reception, demonstrations, workshops, refreshments or entertainment held during the Art Crawl
- Be required to follow the Art Crawl participation guidelines as described by the Coast Cultural Alliance at www.sunshinecoastartcrawl.com
To apply, submit the following by Sunday July 1st at midnight to Siobhan Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter including name and contact information
- CV or résumé detailing your education and exhibition history
- A written statement (250-350 words) indicating your artistic practice and your interest in this opportunity
- Samples of artwork (5 to 10 images) that would be on display during the Art Crawl. Please include a list of artworks to accompany the images.
*if submitting an application as a group of artists, please include the above items for each participant
For additional information, contact Siobhan Smith, Arts, Culture & Communications Coordinator at email@example.com or 604-740-8476