District of Sechelt
Development Planning Manager
The District of Sechelt is a growing community of 10,000 people located on the Sunshine Coast. Life in Sechelt boasts a temperate West Coast climate, access to beautiful and varied land and marine environments with all associated recreational opportunities, and a wide range of community amenities and cultural activities.
Due to increased development activity in the community, the District of Sechelt has created a new position of Development Planning Manager. Reporting to the Director of Planning & Development, this position offers an experienced planning professional the opportunity to establish new directions for the Department with respect to all facets of the land development process.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the District’s current planning functions, including reviewing and evaluating development applications, preparing reports, and presenting to Committees and Council;
- Liaising with District departments, the Development Review Committee, applicants, stakeholders and community members on planning and development issues;
- Providing pre-application advice, both technical and procedural, to applicants about their projects;
- Mentoring and supervising development services staff;
- Acting as Approving Officer for the District under the Land Titles Act;
- Developing, revising and implementing development procedures, policies, bylaws and regulations.
The successful candidate will have thorough knowledge of planning principles, practices, legislation, land development and approval processes. Applicants must have the ability to offer excellent customer service while working in a fast-paced team-oriented environment while prioritizing a variable daily workload with shifting priorities.
The ideal candidate will have a University Degree in Planning, preferably at the graduate level. Membership or eligibility for membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners is required.
A competitive salary is offered in addition to a comprehensive benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and covering letter before 2:00pm on September 20, 2018 to Breanne Ostrosky, Human Resources Advisor, by email to: email@example.com or mail to: PO Box 129, Sechelt, BC, V0N 3A0.