WHEN ARE BUILDING PERMITS NOT REQUIRED
DISTRICT OF SECHELT BUILDING BYLAW 409, 2003
1.5 SCOPE AND EXEMPTIONS
The Building Bylaw applies to the design, construction and occupancy of new buildings and structures, and the alteration, reconstruction, demolition, removal, relocation and occupancy of existing buildings and structures.
1.5.2 This bylaw does not apply to:
(1) buildings or structures exempt by Part 1 of the Building Code except as expressly provided herein,
(1) retaining structures less than 1.2 meters (4 ft) in height
(3) non-structural repairs or alterations to a building or structure or the repair or replacements of plumbing works
(4) bridges, except pedestrian and vehicle bridges attached to buildings
(5) docks or wharves
(6) floating structures except where they are used for commercial or industrial occupancy use, on the condition that all floating structures must conform to the District of Sechelt’s Zoning Bylaw with respect to height and siting.
(7) deck additions, except a deck where the difference in elevation between the deck surface and the ground surface at any point is 0.6 metres (2 ft) or more and on the condition that the deck is sited in accordance with the Zoning Bylaw, other bylaws or enactments
(8) Greenhouses or other similar structures covered by a polyethylene film and intended to be used only for storage purposes or the production of agricultural products; on the condition that the structure is sited, and the uses are in accordance with the Zoning Bylaw, other bylaws or enactments.