The State of Local Emergency has been extended to July 26, 2019.
Submissions of photographs are being accepted for display in the District of Sechelt’s municipal hall.
The District of Sechelt is now a member of Recycle BC. This is a significant benefit to the community and means a few changes in the service.
• Recycle BC offers financial incentives to local governments participating in the program.
• These incentives will offset the cost of the new organics collection program that will start in the spring of 2020.
• With this program, only accepted items can go in the curbside recycling bin – anything not on the accepted list are considered contaminates.
• Sechelt must keep contaminates below 3%.
At the regular meeting of Council on July 3, 2019, Council gave first reading to a Zoning Bylaw to allow for cannabis uses in the District. The proposed bylaw will now go to a public hearing, on July 22nd at 6pm in the Community Room, for public input. The proposed cannabis amendments to the zoning bylaw would:
• recognize and regulate non-medical cannabis retail establishments
• update the existing zoning bylaw terminology pertaining to medical marihuana and non-medical marihuana to better align with the Provincial and Federal regulations
• add, define and regulate land uses for micro-cultivation and micro-production
• refine conditions of use for cannabis cultivation and production
• make provision for non-medical cannabis retail establishments in the C-2 Commercial zone and include conditions of use in the zoning bylaw
Sechelt Council is seeking individuals to serve on the following Committees to consider and make recommendations to Council:
Airport Development Select Committee;
Harbour Expansion and Development Select Committee;
Housing Advisory Committee; and
Water Resources Select Committee
***Amendment # 1 07-18-2019 Addenda Added - Questions and Answers***INVITATION TO TENDER #2019-13Road Paving Program PURPOSE: The District of Sechelt (the “District”) is requesting bids for the
Invitation to Tender #2019-14Trail Avenue Reconstruction PURPOSE: The District of Sechelt (the “District”) is requesting bids for the full removal and replacement of Trail Avenue (approximately
Wondering what to do this summer? Check out the 2019 Sechelt Summer Scene guide!
Canada Day 2019 Schedule
The District of Sechelt will be holding a Public Hearing on July 10 2019 at 6:00pm in the Community Meeting Room regarding an application to amend Zoning Bylaw No. 25, 1987. Bylaw No. 25-299, 2019 proposes to rezone the property located at 5547 Trail Avenue from PA-1 (Park, Recreation and Assembly) to R-2A (Village Residential Infill) to allow the development of a two-family dwelling or a single-family dwelling, secondary suite and laneway house.