The water supply system in the District of Sechelt is provided by the Sunshine Coast Regional District (SCRD). If you have questions about the water supply including sprinkling restrictions please contact the SCRD at (604) 885-6800.
Sprinkling Regulations are set by the Sunshine Coast Regional District and available on thier website.
Ebbtide Non-Potable Water
During Stage 2 and higher, the
District of Sechelt provides a non-potable water station located at our Ebbtide
works yard for our residents. This ground water has been tested by Caro Analytical Services,
with the following confirmed:
- This water is safe to use on vegetables, trees, shrubs, flowers, and grasses
- In all situations, edibles grown in a garden should be washed before eating
- This water is not disinfected therefore is not potable and not for human consumption
In addition, when using the
Ebbtide non-potable water station, please keep in mind:
- This water is not for commercial use
- There is a 100 gallon per fill limit
Health Canada's Guidelines for Canadian Drinking Water Quality Summary Table can be found here
The June test results can be found here